Thursday, November 16, 2017

Top Ten Thursday - My Particulars

Today's Top Ten is those things that we're super particular about. The things that need to be done just the way we want them done, like does the toilet paper roll go under or over, which is my number one. Thanks as always to Tamara, Part-time Working Hockey Mom for setting the theme - feel free to join us in our love of lists.

1. There is only one way to hang a toilet roll and that is with the end hanging over the top and anyone who does otherwise is obviously crazy. I may be a little bit obsessed with this as I tend to change it in the toilets at work and elsewhere if I find it's been put on the wrong way.


2. When I have a can of soda I have to tap the top of the can with my fingernail before I open it. When I was younger someone told me that this would stop it from fizzing out and now it's become a bit of a habit (OCD even) and I really don't like opening a can unless I tap it.

3. Ten items or less!!! The queue in the supermarket that you can go through if you have ten items or less, and I always double check how many items I have before I choose this aisle, so it really frustrates me when people get in this line with obviously more than ten items. It's at these times that I wish I was brave enough to say something.

4. I'm a little bit particular about my latte when I order it. It's a large skinny latte, one shot, not too hot. The looks I get from some cafe staff reminds me a bit of the scene in When Harry met Sally, where Sally is ordering her food in a very unique way.



5. Another coffee related thing is that the milk has to go into the mug before the hot water when making an instant coffee. I can tell if someone makes it the other way around as the coffee tastes bitter - the poor coffee grounds have been scalded to death by the boiling water.

6. Final coffee thing - I am fussy about the brand of coffee I drink, and much prefer a coffee that is smooth and not too strong. At home I drink Douwe Egberts pure gold - so good.


7. I have to be at the cinema early to make sure I don't miss the previews of future films - it's such an important part of the movie experience. My beloved doesn't get this and often teases me and tries to suggest that we arrive late for the film, knowing that I'll start to freak out.

8. I'm not very good at taking tablets as when I was younger I had to take tablets that tasted really, really awful. The way I got round this was to have a mouthful of liquid first and then put the tablet in so that it doesn't actually touch my tongue. It's one of my strange little quirks.

9. I have to check that the front door is locked before I go to bed, even if I've seen Ken lock it - you never know, it may have magically unlocked itself.

10. The final thing that I'm very particular about (of the things I'm willing to share) is that I can't go to sleep if the wardrobe door is open. You know there could be monsters in there, and if the door is shut at least that will slow them down a bit (I promise I'm in my 40's, it's just stayed with me all my life).


What things are you very specific about and do people understand this in you? Before you go, make sure you visit Tamara's blog, Part-time Working Hockey Mom to see what my fellow bloggers have come up with.

Until next time, be good, stay safe, and be good to yourself this week.

Pamela & Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxx


4 comments:

  1. Love your post! OF COURSE the TP needs to go over!!

    "Large skinny latte, one shot, not too hot" is hardly a difficult order.

    OK, now, let's get serious, Pam: instant coffee? REALLY???

    The audacity that some people have... is it too much to ask that they kindly count their items and pay at the appropriate checkout?

    I don't have to tell you that When Harry met Sally is one of my all time favorite movies, so a post that includes lots of coffee and a Meg Ryan movie certainly makes my day!

    Thanks for playing - happy Firday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only have instant coffee at home and at work, but at least at home my beloved makes me a milky coffee that is as close to a latte as you can get with instant. At work I don't let anyone else make me a coffee for fear of it not being right.
      Knew you'd like the Harry met Sally scene.

      Delete
  2. I like to see the movie previews too. I put the toilet paper on wrong though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The previews are the best. Toilet paper the wrong way round - the horror!! Have a great day Ellen.

      Delete